Welcome to Wales Street Primary School
Our mission and values
Our mission is for students to be part of a diverse community-minded school that is dedicated to lifelong learning and helping students achieve personal best.
We will achieve this by enabling students to be:
- independent creative, and self-motivated
- active members in our local and global community
- reflective thinkers who are socially, environmentally and globally aware
- proud of their own and others growth and success
Our purpose is to enable students to become lifelong learners and to assist them with the necessary academic, social and emotional skills in order for them to become responsible citizens in a rapidly changing world.
Our school promotes academic excellence; nurturing each student’s talents whilst developing community minded individuals who embrace diversity and are respectful of each other and themselves.
The Wales Street Primary School community believes the values of Kindness, Respect adn Responsibility, reflect the ethos and culture our school coummunity aspires to develop in all our students.
- Respect for ourselves and others
- Taking Responsibility for our learning and impact on ourselves, others and the environment
- Thinking and acting with Kindness
An IB accredited school
In 2015, Wales Street gained accreditation to deliver the International Baccalaureate – Primary Years Program, and this underpins how we deliver the new Victorian Curriculum. We completed an Evaluation process with the IBO in 2019, to further improve our program delivery.
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
As a school, our central purpose is to provide quality learning experiences by using an approach that’s teacher-directed, but very much child-centred.
To achieve this:
- we set high expectations for ourselves and our students
- we use our collective knowledge of your child to differentiate the learning to ensure each child’s success
- we view parents and carers as partners, supporting our students and staff
- we ensure that learning has an authentic context and is tailored to your child’s needs.
- We warmly invite you participate in all our school programs and activities. I hope that your association with the school will be a long and fruitful one.