Welcome to Wales Street Primary School
Our mission and values
Here at Wales Street Primary our mission is to be an internationally minded community school. One that’s dedicated to lifelong learning and helping our students achieve their personal best.
In order to achieve this, we work hard to:
- foster inquiring students who enjoy learning, are creative, and self-motivated
- enable our students to become active members in our local and global community
- encourage our students to be reflective thinkers who are socially, environmentally and globally aware
- ensure that we celebrate growth and success
An IB accredited school
In 2015, Wales Street gained accreditation to deliver the International Baccalaureate – Primary Years Program, and this underpins how we deliver the new Victorian Curriculum.
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
As a school, our central purpose is to provide quality learning experiences by using an approach that’s teacher-directed, but very much child-centred.
To achieve this:
- we set high expectations for ourselves and our students
- we use our collective knowledge of your child to differentiate the learning to ensure each child’s success
- we view parents and carers as partners, supporting our students and staff
- we ensure that learning has an authentic context and is tailored to your child’s needs.
- We warmly invite you participate in all our school programs and activities. I hope that your association with the school will be a long and fruitful one.